Saturday, July 18, 2009

Carma & Lonnie

Congratulations to Carma and Lonnie on their marriage! Carma and Lonnie were married on Friday, July 17 in a beautiful outdoor wedding ceremony at Grayln International Conference Center in Winston-Salem, which is managed by Wake Forest University. They were married in the beautiful courtyard of the manor house built in the fabulous 1920’s. For the prelude, I performed a variety of classical and popular music, including Air on the G String, Over the Rainbow, and At Last. I performed Wonderful World by Weiss/Thiele for the seating of the mothers, From this Moment On by Twain/Lange for the entrance of the bridal party, and Ribbon in the Sky by Stevie Wonder for the entrance of the bride. During the ceremony, I performed The Prayer by Sager/Foster for the lighting of the unity candle and Ave Maria by Bach/Gounod for communion. For the recessional, I performed Marvin Gaye’s How Sweet It Is (To be Loved by You) by Holland/Doizer/Holland. I was absolutely delighted with Carma's request to perform Ribbon in the Sky for her entrance. When I met with Carma back in June to discuss music for her wedding ceremony, she told me that her fiancĂ© (now husband) had a dream that she was walking down the aisle to Ribbon in the Sky. Since there wasn't a harp arrangement available to purchase, I had a lot of fun transcribing a piano arrangement of this piece to the harp. It turned out absolutely perfect! I was had so much fun being part of Carma and Lonnie’s beautiful outdoor wedding ceremony! Congratulations again to this gorgeous couple on their beautiful July wedding!

No comments: