Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fall Festival

On Friday, September 24, 2010, I performed at Jones Elementary School's annual Fall Festival in Greensboro. I performed at this event last year, and was so excited to be able to participate again in this fun event! This year the Fall Festival featured bounce houses, face-painting, dress-up photo booths, karaoke, and more. Inside, I had my harp set up to perform, as well as offer students an opportunity to play the harp. I helped them pluck out simple melodies, such as "Mary Had a Little Lamb" and play glissandos (where you run your fingers up and down the harp to create a beautiful angelic effect). I even had Guilford the Greensboro Grasshoppers mascot come over and try playing the harp! I have included a picture of him in this post, so that you can imagine for yourself how he looked behind the harp! Hilarious!!! I had so much fun performing at this exciting event! Thank you Susan for inviting me to participate again in this special event celebrating the beginning of the Fall season!

No comments: