Monday, December 15, 2008

Deck the Halls!

This weekend, I performed at a beautiful Victorian home and a Medieval feast! On Friday, December 12, I performed for a Victorian Christmas Celebration at the Harper House/Hickory History Center. This is a hugely popular Christmas event, as guests enjoy evening tours of the lavishly decorated Victorian home, detailing a traditional English Christmas. I performed traditional and popular Christmas selections on the harp. My younger sister, Iva also performed on the harp for this festive holiday event. She has played the harp for several years, and is a junior in high school. I was happy to have her join me for this special evening!

On Saturday, December 13, I performed at the Medieval Madrigal Festival at Corinth Reformed Church in Hickory, North Carolina. The fellowship hall was transformed into an elegant banquet hall, as guests enjoyed a medieval style holiday feast and musical program led by Peter Corneliussen, Director of Music Ministry. The evening’s program included original music compositions by Peter, traditional Christmas carols, and dramatizations by a professional theatre company in North Carolina. The singers and players were fabulous, as they entertained guests in medieval costume. I performed holiday music on the harp during dinner and for the transitions in the musical program. It was truly a holiday treat to be part of such fun events!

No comments: