Sunday, December 7, 2008

Tis the Season!

On Saturday, December 6, 2008, I performed at two holiday events! This first event was a Christmas open house at Whitestone: Masonic and Eastern Star Community in Greensboro. In November, I performed for their Thanksgiving event at The Painted Plate in Greensboro. I was invited back to perform for this special holiday event at their retirement center. As residents and guests enjoyed holiday treats and roasted coffee, I entertained them with holiday carols and hymns, ranging from O Holy Night to Santa Claus is Comin’ to Town to Silver Bells. I also chatted about the history and mechanics of the harp, and had audience members of all ages sit at the harp and pluck a string or run their hands up and down to create the effect known as a glissando. I had so much fun with the residents and guests, and I am looking forward to performing again at their Holiday banquet next week.

The next event was a Christmas party at a beautiful home in Greensboro. The house looked picturesque, as it was decorated with garland, candles, and bows. The front entrance of the house was lit by beautiful luminaries. There were over 100 guests in attendance, and I set up in the living room by the fireplace and performed holiday and popular selections, while the guests enjoyed the delicious food and festive atmosphere. A one point, I accompanied a group of singers (guests) and we performed Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas and Winter Wonderland together. I also took special requests, and was only unable to fulfill one, Jingle Bell Rock. I just might have to add that to my holiday repertoire for next year! I enjoyed visiting with the guests and being part of such a fun and festive evening. Thank you Bob Krumroy for inviting me to be part of this Christmas event!

This is only the beginning of an exciting December, filled with festive holiday events!

No comments: