Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Big Day



I just wanted to share with everyone the news that I married the ever so handsome, Tim Ludtke on Saturday, May 30, 2009 at Rock Barn Country Club in Conover! We were married outside on the back patio under a beautiful white tent. I have played the harp at weddings since the age of fifteen and it was definitely a surreal experience celebrating my own wedding day. I would like to share with you the musicians and musical selections I choose for my own wedding. For the wedding ceremony, I selected Les Amis “The Friends” Ensemble from Hickory to perform. The members of this string quartet are all talented high school students. The members include Savannah Sowers, Violin (my talented cousin); Haley Huckabee, Violin; Ashley Knapp, Viola; and Flynn Bolick, Cello. They performed prelude music, Canon in D by Johann Pachelbel for the entrance of the bridal party, Prelude from Te Deum by Marc-Antoine Charpentier for the entrance of the bride, and Arrival of the Queen of Sheba by George Frideric Handel for the recessional. They are an exceptionally gifted group of young musicians and did an absolutely fantastic job!



For the seating of the mothers, two of my friends from my student days at Converse College’s Petrie School of Music, Kristin Williams and Katherine Woodward, performed an accapella vocal duet of Dome Epais (also known as The Flower Duet) from Lakme by Leo Delibes. Kristin is a graduate of the Boston Conservatory of Music with a Master’s degree in vocal performance. Katherine is a second year graduate student at the Peabody Institute in Baltimore pursuing a Master’s degree in vocal performance. They are both incredibly talented vocalists and I was honored to have them perform at the wedding ceremony!



There was also a musical interlude during the wedding ceremony. My husband and I met in England on May 30, 2005. He was there studying the British healthcare system and I was on tour with the Petrie School of Music. On the tour, I accompanied the chamber choir on Dirait-On from Les Chansons des Roses by Morten Lauridsen. I choose to perform this piece during the wedding ceremony. Following the sermon, I accompanied Kristin and Katherine on the harp to this beautiful French piece. I felt that it was the perfect representation of that fateful trip to England.



We have such an incredible wedding celebration and worked with an amazing group of individuals that helped us create a perfect wedding day! I will post some of our wedding vendors contact information soon in hopes that it might help you create your own perfect celebration!

No comments: