Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Greaton & Jessica


Congratulations to Greaton and Jessica on their marriage! Greaton and Jessica were married on Saturday, June 13 at the Gassaway Mansion in Greenville, South Carolina. It was a perfect day and a beautiful wedding ceremony! They were married in an outdoor wedding ceremony on the front steps of the mansion surrounded by over 100 friends and family! Jessica has been my friend since our freshman year at Converse College. She started dating Greaton during our sophomore year. They are truly a beautiful couple and I was not surprised in the least when Greaton proposed to Jessica last year. I was honored to be asked to provide music for their wedding ceremony. Since Jessica and I were planning weddings around the same time (two weeks apart) we have had so much fun sharing ideas and stories about the adventures of wedding planning!


Jessica and Greaton with the bridesmaids (and harpist) at the rehearsal dinner at Stax's Pepper Mill in Greenville

I performed a variety of classical and popular music during the prelude. I performed Sheep May Safely Graze by Bach for the seating of the mothers and grandmothers, You Raise Me Up by Lovland/Graham for the entrance of the bridal party, and Air on the G String by Bach for the entrance of the bride. I performed Marvin Gaye’s How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved by You) by Holland/Doizer/Holland for the recessional. This was a special request from the bride and groom. I had never heard this song played on the harp and there was no harp arrangement published, so I purchased the piano music and transcribed it to the harp. I was so excited with the finished product, a fun, energetic, and slightly jazzy arrangement of this 1960’s Motown hit! It was definitely a hit amongst the bridal party and wedding guests! I had so much fun being a part of Jessica and Greaton’s beautiful wedding! Congratulations again to this gorgeous couple (and my dear friends) on their beautiful June wedding and enjoy your honeymoon in Mexico!

No comments: