Monday, May 10, 2010

Sweeney Todd, Mother's Day & GRADUATION!

This weekend, I performed with in the orchestra for Bandys High School's musical production of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street in Catawba, NC on Friday, May 7 and Saturday, May 8. I performed the harp part with Austin, one of my harp students at The NewArt School in Newton. This was Austin's first experience performing orchestral music and she did an excellent job! Austin and I had so much fun working with the talented students at Bandys and participating in such a wonderful musical production!

On Sunday, May 9, I performed at the Lutheran Home Hickory West in Hickory, NC for their Mother's Day Tea for residents and visiting family members. I had so much fun performing at this wonderful event! I performed popular, religious, and classical favorites, including Amazing Grace, What a Wonderful World, and Over the Rainbow. Thank you Wendy for inviting me to be part of this special event. I was delighted to be able to perform for the residents and their families on Mother's Day!

In other news, I graduated on Thursday, May 6 from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina with a Master of Social Work degree! This is a goal that I have been working towards for the past two years and I was honored to be able to walk across the stage and obtain my Master's degree! For the next few months, I will be focusing on performing, teaching, and getting ready for the arrival of Baby Ludtke! There are also some great music projects in the works that I will be excited to share with you in the near future!

No comments: